- Title: Product Development Engineer
- Code: RCI-SA-17645
- RequirementID: 114072
- Location: Galway, CO H91 K5YD
- Posted Date: 12/12/2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Sunil Samani
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
Client is recruiting for a Product Development Engineer located in Galway, Ireland. This is a contract role of 12 months duration.
Imagine your next project as a Product Development Engineer. This position supports the Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within client.
Client is a global leader in neurovascular care. Our commitment to changing the trajectory of stroke is inspired by our long heritage and dedication to helping physicians protect people from a lifetime of hardship. Our implants and instruments are used by interventional neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons and neurologists, to treat patients with conditions resulting from hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding. We are one of the fastest growing businesses within client.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering complex acute ischemic stroke projects with significant technical challenges. Responsible for various aspects of the projects, including process development, design development support through the product development lifecycle, implementation of new equipment/automation and new product introduction.
Emphasis will be on delivering projects on-time, within budget in a compliant and reliable manner. You will be required to support the building of project plans, aligning partners, managing the timeline, budget and driving team accountabilities to deliver the final project objectives.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional project teams to develop robust product design to ensure capable manufacturing processes.
- Build and Assess device prototypes to support characterization.
- Work on manufacturing line/pilot line with external suppliers to characterize and validate new and improved manufacturing processes and components.
- Work with suppliers and incoming inspection laboratories to develop, validate and ensure appropriate inspection methods and controls are in place for components and finished devices.
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure supply, quality and timelines are met.
- Monitor supplier performance and provide technical support to resolve issues.
- Assess new and existing suppliers for technical and manufacturing capabilities.
- Identify process improvements (design for manufacture/design for assembly) related to sub-assembly or component usage or design.
- Assess critical to quality requirements for components used to build complex acute ischemic stroke devices and translate these requirements into component specifications that ensure components are manufacturable and performance is maintained consistently.
- Implement changes under the clients change management system.
- Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, testing)
- Data review and statistical methods skills (Minitab)
- High level of technical writing and reporting skills.
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
- Prior experience in medical device catheter process design and or manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Experienced in executing validation of equipment or processes, including preparation of protocols and reports. (OQ/PQ)
- Understanding of product lifecycle and validation requirements for a new product introduction.
- Experience in using a structured problem solving approach is highly desirable. (e.g green belt, DEMAIC)
- Experience in managing technical relationships with external suppliers and OEM is preferred.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, working on multiple projects simultaneously.
This position is in Galway, Ireland
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >